Home > Image Gallery
This inflammatory skin condition known as psoriasis comes in several different types and all can cause itching and great discomfort. Psoriasis pictures show this cracked and bleeding condition while other psoriasis images show how fingernails and toenails are frequently affected. The final appearance is of raised red patches of skin covered with silvery scales.
Our gallery of psoriasis images shows the various types of psoriasis, including plaque psoriasis which is the most common, as follows:
- Flexural or inverse psoriasis which is where the condition appears as smooth but inflamed patches of skin in the skin folds, but especially around the genitals, the armpits and under the breasts.
- Guttate psoriasis which causes small red spots on the skin and often over large areas of the body. It is also often associated with strep throat infections.
- Pustular psoriasis which results in pus filled bumps surrounded by red skin in just the hands and feet or otherwise widespread patches on the body.
- Nail psoriasis which affects the appearance of fingers and toe nails.
- Erythrodermic psoriasis which results in widespread redness, severe itching and considerable pain and discomfort.
If you suspect you have this skin condition after comparing your symptoms with our psoriasis photos, a medical diagnosis is advised and treatment should be commenced as soon as possible. It is equally important to know the different triggers which can cause the psoriasis to flare up in the first place or at a later stage. Learning to understand what can trigger an outbreak in your own case of psoriasis while finding a suitable form of treatment to both soothe the condition while clearing up the outbreak and controlling all future outbreaks, will go a long way to making this condition easier to live with.
Have Psoriasis? Learn more about our Psoriasis product - H-Psoriasis
Psoriasis on abdomen
Psoriasis on body
psoriasis on elbow
Psoriasis on hand
Information on health conditions: