Acne & Depression
Unfortunately, when acne appears (particularly in teens) it can result in depression which is severe in some cases. It is important to be aware of the psychological effects of acne. As well as depression, there can be lack of self-confidence, self-esteem and self-worth problems, poor body image and introverted anti-social behavior.
Parents and teachers can go a long way to help a teen who may be overly self conscious about their acne by supporting them, and even helping with good treatment suggestions.
Some of the signs of poor self esteem can be:
- A reluctance to make friends and develop the usual social skills.
- The fear of being ridiculed by others.
- Extreme shyness and a phobia about socializing.
- Missed school or work
Adults can help teens with depression and other psychological issues caused by acne by:
- Learning and researching the basic information about acne.
- Teaching basic skin care from a young age so that when the teen years arrive, it is a natural routine to keep skin clean, to eat healthily, to drink plenty of water, to have a good night's sleep, to exercise regularly, and get plenty of sunlight.
- At the first sign of a blemish or pimple, emphasis the cleaning routine and if necessary use an OTC acne treatment or natural product such as H-Acne Formula to nip any outbreak in the bud.
- Don't be afraid to broach the subject with your teen if you notice any acne starting.
- If you find nothing is helping with acne outbreaks and it is getting worse instead of better, perhaps now is a good time to take your teen to a dermatologist for advice and guidance.
However, if depression really becomes a problem, then you need to seek professional help for your child. These are some of the signs that might indicate a more serious situation:
- Frequent crying.
- Lack of interest in food and eating.
- Mood changes and swings.
- Sudden changes or problems in behavior.
- Fatigue or general lack of energy.
- Withdrawing socially from family and friends.
- Performance problems that suddenly arise at school or at work.
How H-Acne helps treat acne symptoms
The H-Acne Formula from Healing Natural Oils is a homeopathic product designed for the temporary relief of acne symptoms. It contains three active ingredients:
- Calendula officinalis 12C HPUS: Known for its healing properties, it is used as a healing agent.
- Nux vomica 12C HPUS: Traditionally used to treat skin redness associated with acne.
- Silicea 12C HPUS: Aimed at addressing blotches on the skin.
The formula also includes a blend of essential oils as inactive ingredients:
- Cymbopogon martinii (Palmarosa oil)
- Daucus carota (Carrot seed oil)
- Helichrysum italicum (Immortelle flower oil)
- Lavandula officinalis (Lavender oil)
- Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea tree oil)
- Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium oil)
- Ethanol (used as a solvent)
These essential oils are chosen for their various properties, such as anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and healing effects, which can be beneficial for acne-prone skin by reducing inflammation, fighting infection, and promoting skin repair.