Are you having to put up with skin tags? You can tell what they are quite easily because, just as their name suggests, they are little tags of skin that hang off various parts of the body. While they are more of a nuisance than a concern, they can be unsightly and you will probably want to get rid of them.
And this can be done naturally without have to resort to painful methods that can end up with scarring.
Some 50% of the adult population will develop skin tags
This is usually when they reach middle age. More common in women and after the age of 40, skin tags can also be genetically passed on; are often found in the overweight or obese; can be a sign of the presence of diabetes type 2 and of insulin rejection; are sometimes as a result of chaffing and irritation when skin is constantly rubbing against other skin.
All types of skin tags can be treated naturally
The common sites of skin tags are the eyelids, under the breasts, the arm pits and the upper chest but there are other types of skin tags too. These are skin tags that appear on the genitalia and include anal skin tags, groin skin tags and vaginal skin tags.
Anal skin tags in particular can differ from normal skin tags as they are often the result of another condition called an anal fissure, which is a small tear in the anus caused by a hard stool. During the healing process of this tear, the anal skin becomes uneven and the result can be an anal skin tag. They can also develop following hemorrhoids as the tissue-swelling (associated with the hemorrhoids) may extend to the anal skin. One of the differences between anal and other skin tags is that they can be itchy or painful and even lead to hygiene problems.
Here are our suggestions
Top of the list has to be our own Healing Natural Oils product H-Skin Tags Formula
which is perfect for all types of skin tags - however sensitive the area - for removing them gently, safely and without any pain or scarring.
Other natural suggestions appear below in alphabetical order. When you read about these home remedies, it is obvious that people have been treating skin tags naturally for centuries.
Apple cider vinegar is one method where you apply some to a cotton ball and dab it onto the skin tag. There could be a stinging sensation. After a couple of days, you may notice that the skin tag changes color (becoming darker). Continue for up to 4 weeks until the tag disappears.
- Another method is to cut banana skin into small pieces before placing on the skin tag and leaving it overnight as a type of bandage. Repeat the process daily until success is achieved.
- Castor oil can be made into a natural skin tag removal ointment by mixing with baking soda to create a paste. You might want to add a few drops of citrus oil to improve the aroma. Keep on applying the paste to the skin tag area until the tag is eliminated.
- Garlic is not just for adding to your food. You can also apply some garlic juice to any skin tags at night before covering with a bandage. The next morning, remove the garlic and rinse the tag. Repeat the process for the next two nights but no longer because your skin may begin to burn.
- Slice raw ginger and rub onto any skin tags daily for 2 weeks or longer until the skin tag disappears.
The easiest time to treat skin tags (wherever they are) is when they are small, remembering to choose as safe and painless a method of removing your skin tags as possible.
- Pure natural pineapple juice can also be used for skin tag removal. Apply twice a day for a week or longer but do not wash off the juice until the skin tag is eliminated.