Skin Tags on Eyelids are very Common
A skin tag is a small flap of skin (usually flesh colored or slightly darker) connected by a stalk to the skin.
While skin tags may occur at any age they are more common in the overweight or middle-aged. These growths, which may be caused by friction, can appear on the armpits, neck, chest, back, groin, under the breasts - and very commonly on the eyelids.
The good news is that they are not dangerous in any way and they are not usually painful, However, they may become irritated and sensitive if they catch on clothing or jewellery.
The eyelids are one of the most common sites for skin tags.Usually, these are flaps of flesh-colored or heavily pigmented tissues, projecting from the surrounding skin from narrow stalk called a peduncle. The skin tags can vary from pinhead-sized bumps to grape-shaped masses.
What causes skin tags on the eyelids?
- Both males and females can be prone to these benign growths while diabetics and those who are overweight or obese are often found with multiple skin tags on the corner of the eyelids.
- They can appear during pregnancy because of the release of certain hormones.
- Steroid abuse can often cause the collagen fibers in the skin to join and develop into non-cancerous tumors.
How can you get rid of skin tags on the eyelids?Although these skin tags are considered harmless, some people may want to get rid from them because of their appearance. There are several options:
- Cutting - under the supervision of a trained medical professional, the skin tags can be removed completely with the aid of a scalpel. Sterilization of the skin with hydrogen peroxide or alcohol is a pre-requisite before proceeding to the next step. Unfortunately, bleeding and entry of bacteria through the break in the skin can result.
- Freezing/cryosurgery - liquid nitrogen solutions are available to buy over the counter. Such a solution can be applied directly to skin tags to freeze them for removal. In health centers, cryosurgery can be performed using the same principal of freezing. Here, extreme cold is applied to the affected skin using a liquid nitrogen probe for destroying the benign cutaneous tags.
- Surgical ligation - in this method, a piece of thread is tied around the skin tag in order to shut off blood supply to the tag. An arterial forcep is then used to clamp the blood vessel, followed by ligation.
But there are more natural ways to remove skin tags on the eyelidsAnd easiest of all is the use of H-Skin Tags Formula which is a natural alternative for skin tags, made up of a pure blend of ingredients designed to work quickly and effectively without any pain or scarring. Our natural formula is safe for skin tags all over the body, including under the arms, on the neck and face and even in sensitive areas such as the eyelids.
Can I use H-Skin Tags Formula on the eyelids?You just need to be aware that eyelids can be very sensitive so care must be taken when applying onto skin tags anywhere on the eyelids. As long as the tag is not too close to the eye, and you can apply the formula without getting it in your eye, you can proceed with care.