Apple cider vinegar is so useful around the home for household and health benefits. But if you are going to be taking it by mouth, then the raw organic version is the one to go for with its earthy brown color and its sediment at the bottom of the bottle. It has been used for its medicinal properties for hundreds of years and is made from organic apples using two fermentation processes to produce enzymes and nutrients, leaving with you a health giving living product.
How is this type of vinegar made?
Natural apple cider vinegar is made by crushing fresh, organically grown apples and allowing them to mature in wooden barrels. This boosts the natural fermentation qualities of the crushed apples, which differs from the refined and distilled vinegars found in supermarkets. When the vinegar is mature, it contains a dark, cloudy, web-like bacterial foam called mother, easily visible when the rich brownish liquid is held to the light.
When buying apple cider vinegar, make sure it says “Raw” and “Unfiltered”
If you can drink 1 to 2 tablespoons mixed into a glass of water every day, you can benefit in so many ways. If you find it tastes too bitter, add a tablespoon of raw honey or stevia. Be sure to shake the bottle well before pouring.
Make larger quantities to save on the effort of mixing every day for these benefits
1. Helps to clear acne.
2. Promotes digestion as the acetic acid content slows down the digestion of starch which can lower the rise in glucose that commonly occurs after meals.
3. Natural cure for constipation by improving bowel irregularity and removing toxins from the body at a faster rate.
4. High in minerals and potassium to help slow down the ageing process of your skin – potassium also protects your teeth, prevents hair loss and stops those runny noses.
5. Helps to reduce sinus infections and sore throats.
6. Encourages the growth of healthy bacteria within your body.
7. Eases menstrual cramps.
8. The pectin content helps regulate blood pressure while reducing bad cholesterol.
9. Protects against food poisoning.
10. Fights allergies in both humans and animals.
11. Prevents muscle fatigue after exercise.
12. Strengthens the immune system.
13. Increases stamina.
14. Alleviates symptoms of arthritis
15. Prevents bladder stones and urinary tract infections.
16. The malic acid content introduces those important anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
17. The calcium content helps to improve bone and teeth health.
18. The ash for alkaline content helps your body maintain correct pH levels for a healthy alkaline state.
19. Provides a natural remedy for heartburn, acting as a replacement for those toxic heartburn medications.
20. Helps clear up skin conditions and blemishes giving a smoother texture and complexion.
21. Raw apple cider vinegar may also help with joint pain and stiffness.
22. Helps to break down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them and can also help to reduce levels of glucose.
You can (and should) consume organic raw apple cider vinegar every day
Apple Cider Vinegar is an effective body odor remedy as it can adjust the skin's pH level which helps to eliminate odor-causing bacteria. For armpit odor, simply wipe them once each morning with undiluted apple cider vinegar (using a cotton ball). For foot odor, fill a pan with warm water and add 1/3 cup of the vinegar, allowing your feet soak to soak in this mixture for 15 minutes once a week. As a second best, you can also find apple cider vinegar in tablet or capsule form but of course this is a dried source and not living like the liquid version.
It is even good for pets – add some to their food to help control fleas and promote a healthy shiny coat.