How To Reduce The Appearance of Wrinkles
Here is everything you need to know about wrinkles and ways to get rid of them.
Why do you get wrinkles?
We all know wrinkles come with age. Our skin ages all over the body. While skin cells divide slowly, the inner layer (known as the dermis) begins to thin. The protein, which causes skin to stretch, and collagen fibers (supporting the out layer) loosen and unravel causing lines, wrinkles, sagging skin and even spots on the surface of the face and body.
Though some wrinkles are temporary, they may become deeper and more permanent because of age.
And there are certain areas on the face that are especially affected
H-Glow Formula - The Natural Solution
H-Glow Formula is completely natural and contains no added chemicals.
There are contributing factors too
- Muscle contractions during smiling, frowning, squinting and other habits can mean wrinkles become more noticeable.
- Smoking can lead to wrinkles, lines and age spots.
- Skin type can be important as those with light-colored skin and blue eyes are more at risk from sun damage.
- Genetics can make a difference as to whether you are more prone to wrinkles.
- Some hairstyles offer more protection from sun damage than others.
- And of course keeping your face shaded by a big hat whenever out in the sun will reduce your risk of wrinkles.
The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) cautions that repeatedly sleeping in certain positions can lead to “sleep lines.” For example, sleeping on your side increases wrinkles on cheeks and chin while sleeping facedown gives you a furrowed brow. Sleeping on your back is your best bet and if you can use a silk or satin pillowcase at night (which will be much gentler on your skin and hair), even better!
How to help prevent or reduce the appearance of wrinkles?
That all-important collagen can be greatly boosted by what we put into our bodies so it is vital to avoid smoking, inflammation, insufficient nutrients in the diet, too little oxygen, too much stress and the perils of air pollution.
There is much you can do to avoid or diminish wrinkles as follows:
- A twice daily regime of cleansing the skin of all impurities and make up. A special cleanser for eye make should be used. Use natural products so that you are not adding any toxins and chemicals to the skin.
- Avoid the use of soap on the face as this can be very drying.
- In the mornings, apply a natural moisturizer before the rest of your make up to improve the moisture-holding capacity of the skin.
- Use a natural eye serum for the delicate area round the eyes. Always apply with the 3rd finger because that digit has the lightest touch.
- Use a natural anti-wrinkle treatment at night with added nutrients.
- If you sleep on your back, you reduce the gravitational pull on the skin on your face and avoid puffiness in the morning. And make sure you get sufficient and good quality sleep too.
- Drink your 8 glasses of water every day. The skin is the first organ to suffer if you are dehydrated. Hydration is one of the wrinkle treatments that visibly improves the skin.
- Above all do not smoke and don’t allow anyone else to smoke in the same room or in your space. Smoking is linked to facial wrinkling with smokers being much more likely to have facial wrinkles at a younger age when compared to non-smokers. Smoker’s wrinkles are vertical lines that form in and around the lips. They are also called perioral lines.
Although wrinkles are part of the process of getting older, their appearance can be diminished with extra care and natural wrinkle products. H-Glow Formula is formulated to reduce wrinkles on the face, neck and hands and on the body in a natural, gentle way. When topically applied directly to the wrinkles (using a small amount of formula), the constituents of H-Glow Formula will help smooth the appearance of wrinkles.
A final suggestion is to try facial exercises to combat wrinkles!
Exercise 1: Make an O shape with your mouth. Smile widely and keep your teeth hidden. Repeat these steps for about 6 times. Place an index finger on the chin and keep smiling again. This time start moving your jaw up and down. Relax and repeat.
Exercise 2: Before you start this exercise, take a deep breath. Say “A, E, I, O, U” with a smile. Repeat this for 3 to 4 times.
Exercise 3: Push your lips forward or just try and pout. Hold this position for about 30 seconds. Repeat this for 4 times.
Ganceviciene R, et al. (2012). Skin anti-aging strategies. DOI:
Hays JT. (2017). Is it true that smoking causes wrinkles?
mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/quit-smoking/expert-answers/smoking/faq-20058153. (Accessed, Feb 15, 2021).
Hughes MCB, et al. (2013). Sunscreen and prevention of skin aging: A randomized trial. DOI:
Jegasothy SM, et al. (2014). Efficacy of a new topical nano-hyaluronic acid in humans.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3970829/. (Accessed, Feb 15, 2021).