How to Remove Any Skin Tag
Although they are common, they are harmless but you should never attempt to remove skin tags yourself in an unsafe way because they could bleed heavily especially if they are large.
However, there are safe and gentle ways for them to be removed.
What do skin tags look like?
Skin tags are small, soft, skin-coloured growths on your skin. They can vary in colour and size.
Skin tags are usually found on the neck, armpits, around the groin, or under the breasts. They can also grow on the eyelids or under the folds of the buttocks.
They can look like warts, but skin tags are usually:
- smooth and soft (warts tend to be rougher with an irregular surface)
- knobbly and hang off the skin (warts are usually slightly raised or flat)
- not contagious (warts spread very easily, so a sudden outbreak or cluster of growths is more likely to be warts)
Skin tags do not usually cause any pain or discomfort.
H-Skin Tags formula is 100% natural and painlessly removes any skin tag
Why do skin tags occur?
Skin tags are made of loose collagen fibres and blood vessels surrounded by skin. Collagen is a type of protein found throughout the body.
While both males and females can develop skin tags, they are more common in older people as well as those who are overweight, obese or have type 2 diabetes.
A change in hormone levels can mean pregnant women may also be more likely to develop skin tags. Some people develop skin tags for no obvious reason.
Skin tags tend to grow in the skin folds, where the skin rubs against itself such as on the neck, armpits or groin making it more likely to affect overweight people who have excess folds of skin and skin chafing.
When can skin tags be a problem?
Skin tags are harmless and do not usually cause pain or discomfort.
But for some there are cosmetic reasons why they are disliked or if they snag on clothing or jewellery and bleed when removal would be preferred.
Sometimes, skin tags fall off on their own if the tissue has twisted and died from a lack of blood supply.
How can skin tags be removed?
- Skin tags can easily be burnt or frozen off in a similar way to how warts are removed. Freezing or burning skin tags can cause irritation and temporary skin discoloration.
- They can also be surgically removed, sometimes using a local anesthetic. While surgical removal has the advantage of removing the skin tag completely, but there is a risk of minor bleeding.
- The safest and most gentle way to remove skin tags is by using H-Skin Tags Formula which is perfect for all types of skin tags, providing the natural removal and designed to work quickly and effectively with no pain or scarring.
American Osteopathic College of Dermatology. Skin Tags. https://www.aocd.org/page/SkinTags
Maluki, A. H., & Abdullah, A. A. (2016, February). Metabolic associations with skin tags. International Journal of Dermatology and Clinical Research, 2(1), 003-011 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/296666477_Metabolic_Associations_with_Skin_Tags
Manchanda, Yashpal. "Removal of skin tags with Erbium:YAG Laser: A simple, safe, quick, and effective technique requiring no local anesthesia." Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 79.3: Suppl 1 Sept. 2018: AB244.