Combine Epsom Salts & Lavender Essential Oil for a Comforting Bathtime
It is time to try out this recipe
Most of us enjoy a long soak in the bath and, if we think we don't have the time for this "luxury", then we are probably even more in need of such a form of relaxation.
Of course showers have their place but they are the more invigorating choice to get us up and going rather than a bath which helps us to wind down and relax. Think about making the occasional change to include this relaxing bath recipe in your busy schedule (courtesy of Dr Josh Axe)
The ingredients needed - enough for 3 to 4 baths
- 2½ cups Epsom salt
- ¼ cup bentonite clay
- 8 to 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 to 10 drops frankincense
- 8 to 10 drops myrrh
- 8 to 10 drops bergamot
- 8 to 10 drops chamomile
- Mix the Epsom salts and bentonite clay in a medium size glass bowl, using a non metal spoon.
- Add the essential oils - lavender, myrrh, bergamot and chamomile.
- Fill the bath tub half full of warm to hot water - for extra muscle relaxation - before adding 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the recipe to the water.
- Climb in, settle down and really relax for 15 to 20 minutes, allowing your body to sweat, detox and absorb all those beneficial nutrients.