How Embracing Natural Grey or White Hair Comes with Benefits
When women get to a certain age, they may feel the pressure to allow their hair to grow through with its natural color - whether it be grey, white or a combination of the two.
But for many, this is a big step to take...
We share some valid reasons why you should not feel put off by taking such a step.
1. Your hair will become so much healthier! The problem with applying dye is that it lifts the hair's protective proteins so that the chemicals can enter the strand and change its color. This process gradually weakens the hair, causing brittleness, dryness and thinning.
2. Your scalp health will also improve. An itchy scalp is often caused by a chemical in dye called paraphenylenediamine which is known to irritate and cause an allergic reaction.
3. Your hair care will be less expensive, saving the costs of dyeing hair and getting touch-ups as well as the hair care products that dyed hair can require. At the same time, you will find you will save time too.
4. You will be doing your bit for the environment as the toxic lead in hair dyes is not only bad for your scalp but also for the environment. Depending on the product used, ingredients could include lead, mercury, coal tar or formaldehyde which are all bad news for the environment.
5. Your skin will look more natural. Dyed hair can often look harsh and make your complexion look dull. When you stop coloring your hair dark, and allow lighter grey shades to frame your face, it will naturally brighten your complexion.
6. You will find cool tones in your clothing will look good. This is because no matter your skin color or skin tone, when you introduce grey hair, cool tones will complement you.
7. Grey does not mean old age! By the age of thirty, we will all have a few grey hairs but along with years of experience and knowledge, grey hair also comes with age. Embrace it! And the good news is that with fewer chemicals in your hair, you will experience less hair loss and your hair will become stronger and shinier.
8. Less hair frequent hair washing. Many women find that after going grey, they don't need to wash their hair as often which is actually healthier for you and your hair.
Is it time for you to embrace the grey look!
Here are some suggestions on how to go about it taking this step...
- You can wait for it to grow out.
- You can cut your hair really short.
- You could wear a wig in your dyed color until your grey has grown out.
- Or you can have a professional colorist camouflage the transitioning hair with lowlights as the grey grows in.
I did it! And I have found that all those health benefits mentioned above proved to be true for me too.
And for a special treat for your hair, Simply Hair Oil is made from a blend of pure natural essential oils and cold pressed or expeller pressed precious oils including the well known Morrocan Argan Oil which makes hair softer, silkier and shinier as well as taming any frizz.
Take care of your hair the natural way and cherish your crowning glory!
- Apply a small amount to the palm of your hand. Then with your fingers, work the oil evenly throughout damp or dry hair. Once you are done styling, you can apply more to intensify shine and to eliminate frizz.
- You can also use before flat ironing for a sleek and finished look.
- Another suggestion is to add several drops to the hair and work it in, leaving the oil on overnight or for a couple of hours before washing your hair. The oil provides extra nourishment and conditioning.
Micellar enhanced chromatographic separation of selected hazardous chemical present in hair dye and their detection in formulations and swab, including assessment of damage caused to cuticle of hair shaft - ScienceDirect