How To Naturally Get Rid Of Laugh Lines
“Laughter makes the world go round”, “Laugh and the world laughs with you” as well as “A day without laughter is a day wasted” all emphasize how good laughter is for us.
We have even written about the importance of laughter here.
But it can come at a small price – those laugh lines!
The lines that radiate out from the corners of the eyes, and those in the cheek area, appear long before old age, being deeper and more noticeable than wrinkles elsewhere on the face or body. Although facial expressions are part of the problem, other factors do act on the skin first.
The skin is born to bounce back
Young skin is smooth because it has an optimal level of collagen (the structural protein that helps skin keep its shape) and elastin (the proteins that give skin its elastic quality). So it literally bounces back if it is stretched out of shape. But as we grow older, this happens less and less.
Never mind - it is possible to reduce those laugh lines with these various natural "wrinkle" remedies and lifestyle changes
- Learn how to effectively cope with stress.
- Eat a healthy diet based on natural whole foods because if you are not eating the right nutrients, your skin can suffer with dryness and negative changes in the skin structure. Just including plenty of fresh fruit, herbs and of course vegetables can improve the skin dramatically by increasing the objective markers of skin health. For example skin micro circulation (which is responsible for circulating oxygen and nutrients to the skin) results in positive changes in the density, thickness and hydration of the skin.
- Vitamins and minerals are another way to ensure nutrients for optimum skin health along with omega-3 fats.
- Get your antioxidants from foods. Good sources include blueberries, cranberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, cherries, beans and artichokes.
- Use coconut oil as it is anti-aging both as a food and when applied to your skin – doubly beneficial.
- Get your resveratrol naturally with whole grape skins and seeds, raspberries, mulberries and peanuts.
- Make sure you have a solid exercise program – get out, get going and get exercising. Great for the skin and everything else.
- Avoid as many chemicals, toxins and pollutants as possible by eliminating commercial household cleaners, soaps, personal hygiene products, air fresheners, bug sprays, lawn pesticides and insecticide. Replace them with natural products instead.
- A natural way to improve the skin and even prevent fatigue, is to make a tea-like beverage with raw honey and cinnamon powder and drink ¼ cup 3 to 4 times a day.
- You can make your own vitamin C serum as an extra special and natural anti-aging product for your skin.
- Natural products such as essential oils and homeopathic remedies can help keep the skin supple and moisturized, offering a gentle option to help to smooth texture while strengthening and toning the skin and promoting a healthy glow – without the harsh side effects of chemicals and synthetics.
- Spirulina can help to promote skin metabolism and lessen the appearance of fine lines and creases while the herb dandelion can be used to naturally detox the skin and purify the blood and lymphatic system.
You ma be tempted to go the Botox injections route to get rid of your laughter lines...
But be warned that this is a dangerous biochemical as the substance partially paralyzes your facial muscles and should not be undertaken without thorough research regarding the potential risks.