How to Shrink Hemorrhoids Naturally
What are hemorroids?
Hemorrhoids (which are sometimes referred to as piles) are swollen veins in the anus and lower rectum - similar to varicose veins. Internal hemorrhoids are those that develop inside the rectum while external hemorrhoids appear under the skin around the anus.
They are surprisingly common with roughly three out of four adults having them during their lifetime. There is a choice of treatments available but many will get relief with home treatments and lifestyle changes.
Why do we get hemorrhoids?
The veins surrounding the anus can stretch under pressure so that they bulge or swell. Hemorrhoids can be caused when there is increased pressure in the lower rectum.
Such pressure can be due to:
1. Straining during bowel movements.
2. Sitting for long periods of time on the toilet.
3. Having chronic diarrhea or constipation.
4. Being overweight or obese.
5. Being pregnant.
6. Having anal intercourse.
7. Eating a low-fiber diet.
8. Regular heavy lifting.
How can we shrink those hemorrhoids, naturally?
Here are some suggestions:
- Sitting in a warm soothing bath or bowl for 15 minutes several times a day, especially after a bowel movement.
- At the same time, adding some Epsom salts to the bath water can also help to relieve the symptoms and aid in the hemorrhoid shrinkage.
- Changing to a healthier diet with plenty of fiber can make a big difference especially if the hemorrhoids are caused by constipation or diarrhea.
Then you can use different natural products...
- Aloe Vera - This type of cream is known to ease itching and painful burning. If you choose to use aloe Vera, look for one that contains vitamin E to help soothe the area and provide a little better pain relief.
- Coconut oil - This is a topical treatment and requires the area to be clean and dry. The oil should be applied with a clean cotton poultice and the coconut oil is thought to help shrink hemorrhoids within approximately a week.
- Apple cider vinegar - This remedy can either be added to your bath water or you can apply it using a clean cotton swab, directly to the hemorrhoid. Apple cider vinegar is a natural anti-inflammatory and will help with the swelling and pain if used in moderation.
- Witch hazel - This remedy has been in use for many years as a gentle and traditional hemorrhoid solution. It should be applied topically using a clean cotton swab or cloth applied to the affected area one to three times a day, ensuring the area stays sanitized, reduces painful inflammation and prevents infection.
But "top of the list" of natural remedies has to be H-Hemorrhoids Formula which is ideal for the symptoms of:
- Prolapsed hemorrhoids
- External hemorrhoids
- Thrombosed hemorrhoids
- Hemorrhoids with minor bleeding
H-Hemorrhoids Formula is applied topically to the area to provide fast pain relief and to shrink the hemorrhoids by reducing swelling.