Could Raw Honey be the Queen of the Superfoods?
Raw honey has been neither heated nor filtered but unless you see the term RAW on a honey label, you can assume that it's processed.
Most honeys, including pure and natural ones, are treated to prevent fermentation and preserve it in a liquid state in order to keep it from crystallizing. These techniques make a product that can be more appealing to some consumers because this is what they have grown used to expecting.
However, raw honey has so many more health benefits including a superior taste, extra enzymes, more antioxidants plus the ability to relieve allergies.
If you suffer from hay fever for example, eating raw honey from your local area can help to alleviate the allergy.
Making your own Detox Drink using raw honey
Honey makes a great contribution with several other ingredients to provide an all natural "Detox Drink" to boost your immune system and so much more...
Here is a list of the ingredients together with the benefits they will provide for you.
The ingredients you will need
- Raw Honey: Raw, unprocessed honey is a superfood that strongly supports liver and sleep health being a great source of a variety of amino acids, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, carbohydrates and even some specific phytonutrients to give your liver and your muscles strengthening energy.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Also known as ACV, apple cider vinegar is rich in key minerals, vitamins, enzymes and antioxidants which will help to support the digestive and detoxification pathways. In addition, this strong detoxifying agent contains a variety of b-vitamins, acetic acid and different enzymes that aid the body in it’s metabolism as well as helping to detoxify the liver.
- Lemon: This provides support for our liver health and metabolism! Lemons contain an antioxidant called d-Limonene with cleansing and detoxifying properties.
- Ginger: This has long been traditionally used as a natural remedy for digestive issues and ailments, helping to reduce gut related inflammation and enhance nutrient absorption. Ginger comes with vitamins and minerals such as magnesium, vitamins A , C and E, helping to enhance blood flow and circulation while supporting the immune system. Well known as a warming spice, ginger will help to create internal warmth.
- Cayenne Pepper: This will also help to create internal warmth. Capsaicin is the compound in cayenne that gives it the heat and this works actively to enhance circulation and immunity.
How to use these ingredients to make your detox drink
- In a glass, add 1 tbsp of raw honey, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Add 1/4 tsp ginger plus a dash of cayenne pepper.
- This is optional, but adding some cinnamon and orange will support blood sugar health - and add to the flavor!
- Top the glass up with warm (not boiling) water.
- Mix and drink but preferably on an empty stomach.
Use this recipe to drink when you are detoxifying.
Additional benefits will be felt in your digestive health, immunity, liver health, lymphatic health and so much more. A great way to start your day!
Honey should not be given to babies under the age of one and this is why.