Are there Solutions for Saggy Skin?
Maturity and getting older can mean a less firm, even sagging, skin.
We all tend to try and look after our faces to help keep them looking youthful and wrinkle-free.
But many of us are less likely to take care of the skin on the rest of our body.
Unfortunately, many of the body lotions available are not as targeted as facial products.
Moisturization is important
Moisturization helps to protect our skin from dehydration, cracking and peeling but there are changes that affect our bodies as we age.
For example, have you noticed your skin becoming saggy, droopy or crepey?
While we know that our skin will age, losing collagen and elasticity mean that our skin will no longer appear as firm, tight and taut as it did in our youth.
What are the solutions to firm up the look of saggy, mature skin on the arms and legs?
Understanding what causes aging skin to become droopy, saggy or crepey
There can be two main causes - rapid weight loss and aging.
Rapid weight loss can cause the skin around the upper arms, stomach, hips and thighs to become saggy. This is because the body loses volume faster than the skin could ‘shrink’ to stay tight around the body. Although many may resort to plastic surgery, consistent exercise and a healthy, nutritious diet can be very helpful to get the skin back into shape over time.
With aging, elastin is responsible for the elasticity of skin, and collagen for its firmness and suppleness. As we age, both usually slow down hand-in-hand.
Don't just be content with simply rubbing in body lotion
Such body lotions all come with a similar list of ingredients, meaning one product is much like the next one.
Take a few minutes every day to massage your body for these many benefits:
- Gives better flexibility
- Increases blood circulation,
- Helps you sleep better and deeper at night
- Reduces stress and increases longevity
- Helps tone and strengthen the muscles
- Softens skin and helps smoothen wrinkles and fine lines
Ideally, a good self-massage should take about fifteen to twenty minutes but even five minutes will be helpful. Just five minutes will give your body skin the same attention as your face is probably used to.
Use our Simply Body Oil as the perfect massage oil.
Oils will moisturize and hydrate the skin more effectively than body lotions
- Oils help re-introduce lost moisture in the skin whether straight after a shower or before exposure to air conditioning or cold, dry winds. Using oils will help to mimic the skin’s lipid barrier.
- The molecules in oils are smaller than those of creams, leading to better absorption into the skin.
- Oils are not a foreign substance for our skin. The application of an oil externally is a welcome addition to our skin’s natural oils.
- Pure and natural oils come with benefits that help in giving your skin a toned and even complexion along with an enhanced texture. Not only that, but a massage with an oil also offers therapeutic properties that help relax the body and the soul.
Our Simply Body Oil is a luxurious and natural body care with only pure oils to moisturize and rejuvenate.
The good news is that using an effective natural oil product will provide a solution for saggy skin
Such a product is:
- Perfect for daily use and can be left on through the day after gentle application or washed off after a rigorous massage.
- Specifically designed for dry skin to give ultra-moisturized yet non-sticky skin.
- Going to give your skin a a dazzling glow.
- Helpful for firming and toning the appearance of saggy, crepey skin on the legs and arms.