Top Tips for Making your Eyes Beautiful
The eyes are an important beauty feature and, while we do our best to keep our eyes sparkling and fresh, are we paying attention to the skin around our eyes?
While you might wish it weren’t so, the skin around your eyes is one part of your body that can show the earliest signs of premature aging, particularly when this area is not given proper care.
Why does this happen?
- The skin around your eyes is thinner and more delicate than the skin on other parts of your body. Our eyes work hard all day long whether it is blinking, fighting back tears or expressing other emotions. All this action can cause premature aging.
- Other reasons can be genetic, exposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays, external stressors as well as lifestyle choices.
Different ways to care for the sensitive skin around your eyes
The skin around the eyes lacks oil glands (which are the skin's natural moisturizer), making it more important than ever to add back moisture helping to plump up and potentially reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Simply Eye Serum is the perfect product to do this job, promoting clear and lustrous skin around the eyes while targeting dark circles and any bags under the eyes.
The Serum comes with all natural ingredients to tighten and tone the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Almond oil to help the skin balance water loss while relieving irritation and inflammation.
- Rosemary essential oil with anti-inflammatory agents caffeic acid and rosemarinic acid, acting as a mild diuretic to reduce swelling and puffiness while strengthening capillaries and reduce inflammation.
- Baobab oil absorbs quickly and contains vitamins A, E and F as well as phytosterols which encourage new collagen production.
- Frankincense essential oil is a beauty favorite and promotes healthy cell regeneration keeping existing cells and tissues healthy and Cypress essential oil stimulates the all important blood flow.
The remedy for puffy eyes can be as easy as getting enough sleep or drinking enough water, avoiding smoking and other pollutants. Other than some genetic factors, fluid retention can cause puffy eyes. This may be the result of a meal high in salt, lack of sleep or even too much sleep.
One idea for puffiness is to gentle massage the area under the eyes to improve the circulation around them while helping to drain excess fluid and reduce puffiness. Ideally, a refrigerated jade roller will help to relax the tension and reduce puffiness in the sensitive skin area around the eyes.
Always be gentle when dealing with the delicate area around the eyes
Whether you are using eye makeup removal products or applying moisturizing products to eye area, always take care and be gentle. Any extra pressure can contribute to extra fine lines.
When you remove your makeup:
- Apply your favorite eye makeup remover to a cotton
pad. Simply Cleansing Oil is gentle yet effective and may be used around the eye area, taking care to avoid direct contact with the eyes.
- Press the pad gently onto your skin
- Slowly drag it in an outward motion..
- Repeat until your makeup is fully removed.
When you apply your eye product:
- Apply your product to your ring finger (the third one) as this has the lightest touch.
- Dab the product around the eyes, circling your
eye area. Don’t forget the upper eyelid.
- Repeat until the product is fully absorbed into
Be aware that UVA rays can cause damage to the skin around the eyes as well as the rest of the face. Ideally, keep your face out of the sun or shaded by a wide brimmed hat. In addition, invest in a pair of sunglasses that offers UV protection.
Sleep, eat well, exercise, repeat!
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4300604/ .(Accessed May 20, 2021).
https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/201807.0425/v1 .(Accessed May 20, 2021).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2992143/ .(Accessed May 20, 2021).
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0367326X12002791?via%3Dihub .(Accessed May 20, 2021).