Bananas Are The Perfect Source of Natural and Home Remedies | Amoils.com
Have you noticed when watching a major tennis tournament, such as Wimbledon, how many players eat a banana during their breaks? Well I have been checking out the benefits of the humble banana and there are many! Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout. No wonder the banana is the number one fruit with the world’s leading athletes.
But energy isn’t the only way a banana can help us keep fit. It can also help overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions, making it a must to add to our daily diet.
Bananas contain three natural sugars
Sucrose, fructose and glucose combined with fiber so that instantly a banana will give you a sustained and substantial boost of energy. And two bananas are even better than one as studies have shown that they provide enough energy for a strenuous workout for up to an hour and a half. Just what a top tennis player needs.
But that is not all
Bananas also have health benefits to help us overcome or even prevent certain conditions. You can’t go far wrong with adding a banana to your diet on a daily basis. The good thing is that they are easily available and most children will enjoy a banana.
Here are some of the other good things that bananas can do for us
- Anaemia – bananas are high in iron content and they stimulate the production of haemoglobin in the blood.
- Blood Pressure – bananas are very high in potassium while being low in salt. This provides the perfect combination to prevent high blood pressure.
- Brain Power – studies have pointed to bananas helping students to boost their learning abilities through increasing their alertness.
- Constipation and Diarrhea – as they are high in fibre, bananas can help restore normal bowel action as they normalize colonic functions in the large intestine to absorb large amounts of water for proper bowel movements.
- Depression – a survey among people suffering from depression resulted in a positive yes for bananas as many of those surveyed said they felt much better after eating a banana. Bananas do contain tryptophan which is a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin which is known to be mood enhancing.
- Healthy bones – bananas help increase our body’s ability to absorb calcium which is so vital for healthy bones.
- Heartburn – bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief. Pregnant women are very prone to heartburn so this is a safe and easy remedy for them. Plus eating a banana between meals will help them to avoid morning sickness too. It will help to keep blood sugar levels up.
- Menstrual problems – I don’t know how easy this would be to get hold of but cooked banana flour eaten with curd is considered an effective medicine for menstrual problems such as period pains and/or excessive bleeding. Banana flour is made from the starchy plantain. It is sometimes used for a food for invalids as it is starchy, filling and nutritious. It can be combined with regular flour when a starchy product is desired. PMS can also be helped by just eating a banana because of the vitamin B6 it contains. This regulates blood glucose levels, and in turn affecting your mood.
- Mosquito Bites – a useful home remedy is to rub a mosquito bite with the inside of a banana skin for an instant reduction in swelling and irritation.
- Nerves – bananas are high in those B vitamins to calm the nerves.
- Smoking – are you trying to give up smoking? Bananas contain vitamin B6 and B12 as well as potassium and magnesium which are all substances that help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
- Stress – we all suffer from stress to some degree and bananas are high in potassium which helps normalise the heartbeat while regulating the body’s water balance. Bananas will redress any imbalances.
- Ulcers – if you are suffering from this painful condition, include bananas in your diet for their soft texture and smoothness. They will also neutralise over-acidity while reducing irritation by coating the lining of your stomach.
- Warts – there are lots of home remedies for treating warts. But here is another one! Place a piece of banana skin on your wart, with the yellow side out and secure the skin in place with a plaster or surgical tape! Keep replacing until the wart has disappeared.
The secret of perpetual youth?
In the traditional medicine of India and the ancient Persia (now known as Iran), the banana was regarded as nature’s secret of perpetual youth. But a Banana really is a natural remedy for many ills. When you compare it to an apple, it has FOUR x the protein, TWICE the carbohydrate, THREE x the phosphorus, FIVE x the vitamin A and iron, and TWICE the other vitamins and minerals.. It is also rich in potassium and is one of the best value foods around.
Today, you can think of the banana as an easily portable “snack on the run” complete with its own packaging plus numerous health benefits.