The longer you live, the greater chance of accumulating toxins in your body from the environment in which you live.
A yearly cleanse is something you might like to consider
This would help cleanse your body, eliminate those toxic substances and keep the body functioning properly and healthily. Although our body consistently detoxes itself every day, with the help of the liver and kidneys, the body's own natural functions can cause toxins with the effort.
Suspicious that you have a toxic build up?
Then look out for the signs which could be fatigue, illness, constipation, gas, skin problems, nausea, PMS, depression or poor circulation. The use of herbs is a wonderful way to help the detox process along, helping to restore your body to a state of balance and health by purifying the blood so that you end up with more energy, clearer skin and a body that functions optimally.
– this is a diuretic that flushes out the urinary system to detoxify and cleanse your body. Here is the recipe for a parsley detox drink that appears in The Complete Juice Book
by Suzannah Olivier and Joanna Farrow by Anness Publishing Ltd. The inclusion of carrot and grapes give a natural sweetness complimenting the peppery taste of the celery with the fresh aroma of the parsley. If grapes are unavailable, apples can be used instead. Drink regularly for a body detox.
You will need
- 1 stick of celery, with leaves
- 2 cups carrots
- 1 cup grapes
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
Process all the ingredients in your blender or food processor and serve immediately.
– this also works well as a powerful natural medicine. A natural diuretic, alfalfa has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help to soothe the intestinal tract during a detox.
You will need
Pure alfalfa powder, fruit juices and clean water.
- Mix 1 tsp pure alfalfa powder to pure fruit juice each morning, drink on an empty stomach, and wait 30 minutes before eating.
- Drink 2 glasses of chlorine-free water for every 50 lbs body weight spread out through the day (water kept in an open container for about 24 hours will remove all traces of chlorine).
- Get at least 30 minutes of exercise daily as part of the cleanse.
- Continue the alfalfa body cleanse for 2 weeks to help reduce the pain of arthritis, improve digestive orders and detox the entire body.
- this is an excellent herb for skin problems.
Red Clover is highly regarded by herbalists as a blood purifier because it helps support the liver as the body’s detox organ. It is also reputed to have anti-tumor properties but stay away from red clover if you are pregnant or taking an anticoagulant.
You can pick and dry the flowers for tea, eat them raw in a salad, or make a tincture with alcohol using one part herb to two parts alcohol-water solution that is at least 40% alcohol. 1 cup clover flowers, 1 cup water and 1 cup of 190-proof alcohol will make a 45% solution.
To make a strong tea: use 1/2 cup of the dried flowers in three cups of hot water plus add a pinch of mint. Steep for 2 hours, reheat and strain.
– this comes as a supplement and while 3 grams per day is a good maintenance dosage, taking 5-7 grams per day will give you noticeable and significant changes in digestion, energy and overall health. .
– this detox can be in the form of a juice fast by taking a fresh juice drink with 1 ounce of wheat grass juice per serving added, 3 times per day. This juice fast should be carried out for 3 days if you are a healthy adult. An alternative is a detox diet of whole fruits, vegetables, whole grains and vegetable oils with added chlorophyll in the form of spirulina flakes sprinkled over. This blue-green algae excels in detoxifying but follow the manufacturer's dosage recommendations as each product will differ. During a detox program, people report clearer skin and increased bowel movements while taking some form of concentrated chlorophyll.
If you have never detoxified the body before, it is not too late to start.
Whether you choose to change your diet or purchase herbs for detox, cleansing the body will help fight disease, help your organs work better, and boost overall health.
If you have a serious health problem or are pregnant or nursing, be wary of detoxing and please consult your doctor.