Reduce the Appearance of Stretch Marks
As the name suggests, stretch marks (striae) can appear when there is rapid stretching of the skin, appearing as parallel streaks of red, thinned glossy skin that over time become whitish and scar like in appearance.
Stretch marks are often associated with the abdominal enlargement of pregnancy and can also occur during the rapid growth of puberty in males and females.
The stretch marks may be slightly depressed and have a different texture than normal skin.
When are stretch marks likely to appear?
Rapid stretching of the skin can be caused through sudden weight gain, growth spurts, bulking up muscle or from being pregnant. The skin grows at a significantly faster rate than normal, causing the skin to stretch, tear and even cause unsightly violet colored marks on the body.
Men also get stretch marks but these are often not so visible because they tend to be covered by hair. Another cause can be over-use of steroid hormones.
Any area on the body from the knees upwards can be prone to stretch marks including the stomach, waist, buttocks, lower back, hips, breasts and legs. Stretch marks are tears in the lower layer of your skin. This lower layer consists of elastic supportive tissue which helps the skin to stretch. When the skin is stretched to its limit, it tears slightly allowing blood vessels to show through. As the pigmentation in the stretch marks gradually fades, the ìstriae gravidarumî begins to look like glistening silvery lines of scar tissue.
The Natural Solution
H-Stretch Marks Formula is natural, and gentle on the skin and cruelty-free and vegan.
How can you help to reduce the appearance of stretch marks?
- Laser therapy is one way of treating stretch marks which can be both expensive and even ineffective.
- Aloe Vera is a plant that helps regenerate skin tissue with its healing properties, using the fresh gel from an aloe Vera leaf which is massaged onto the stretch marks daily. The gel is then left on for twenty to thirty minutes before washing off with lukewarm water. The gel is also available from health stores.
- Almond and coconut oil in equal quantities can be massaged into the stretch marks regularly.
- Or you can apply virgin coconut oil to your stretch marks each day.
- H-Stretch Marks Formula is very gentle and soothing on the skin, working by quickly sealing in moisture before beginning to improve the texture and the tone of the skin and reducing the appearance of stretch marks on the arms, breasts, stomach, hips, buttocks and thighs.
Donejko M, et al. (2014). Influence of caffeine and hyaluronic acid on collagen biosynthesis in human skin fibroblasts.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4206198/. (Accessed, Feb 15, 2021)
El-Domyati M, et al. (2016). Microdermabrasion: A clinical, histometric, and histopathologic study. DOI:
doi.org/10.1111/jocd.12252 .(Accessed, Feb 15, 2021)
DiBernardo BE, et al. Subsurface laser and radiofrequency for face and body rejuvenation. Clinics in Plastic Surgery. 2016; doi:10.1016/j.cps.2016.03.009. (Accessed, Feb 13, 2021)