Got Cellulite or Stretch Marks?
Cellulite and stretch marks will often appear on similar parts of the body but they are two different skin conditions.
Find out more about the different signs and what you can do about them...
What are the signs of cellulite?
- If you have cellulite, you will notice that your skin takes on the appearance of dimpled or bumpy skin - it is sometimes described as having a cottage cheese or orange peel texture.
- If you only have a mild version of this skin condition, the cellulite will only be visible if you pinch your skin in the relevant area.
- When your cellulite is more pronounced, the skin will appear rumpled and bumpy with areas of peaks and valleys.
- Cellulite is most common around the thighs and buttocks, but it can also be found on the breasts, lower abdomen and upper arms.
What are the signs of stretch marks?
- Stretch marks are a form of scarring that appear after your skin stretches or shrinks too quickly. While they often appear in pregnancy, stretch marks can also be caused by weight gain, weight loss or bodybuilding. Between fifty and ninety percent of women will develop stretch marks during pregnancy.
- Stretch marks (known as striae) appear as discolored, slightly sunken, scar-like lines in your skin. The lines can be pink, purple, red, bluish or dark brown, varying in color depending on your skin tone. They can also appear with different lengths and widths.
- Stretch marks will commonly appear on the abdominal area (stomach), the thighs, the hips, the breasts, the upper arms, the lower back or the buttocks.
- Symptoms of skin itching and irritation may be evident before stretch marks appear.
How can you tackle the appearance of cellulite?
Here are some suggestions:
1. The warm and cool water method. Shower those affected areas for two to three minutes using warm water - and then for the same amount of time using cold water. This will help your blood circulation, boost cell renewal while improving your metabolism.
2. After the hot/cold shower, dry brushing is one of the top methods to use to increase blood circulation while improving skin quality. Use a bristle brush to massage your affected areas three times a week for about five minutes before you take a shower to increase blood circulation and boost the lymph nodes while gently exfoliating the skin. Use circular movements starting at the ankles and working up towards your heart.
3. Follow up with a body oil to nourish and pamper your skin. Our Simply Body Oil is perfect for this step. This luxurious body treatment instantly improves the skin's natural moisture. It deeply hydrates, softens and enhances the look of the skin providing nourishment and promoting radiant skin.
4. The good news is that we have a specific product for tackling cellulite and that is H-Cellulite Formula which is a natural, safe effective alternative to harsh treatments and ineffective home remedies. Made from pure essential oils which include properties that work to improve the texture and tone of the skin, helping to diminish the appearance of cellulite when massaged well into the affected area.
H-Cellulite Formula promotes suppleness, while moisturizing the skin and helping to increase the firmness of the top layer of skin. It is very economical to use and therefore cost effective.
Look and feel younger, while improving your body tone and restoring your body's natural beauty!
How can you tackle the appearance of stretch marks?
You can go the expensive route with laser therapy or you can use over the counter or prescription medications which can contain harsh chemicals potentially leading to side effects.
However, you can choose the safer, natural route to significantly reduce the appearance of stretch marks in the comfort of your home with our H-Stretch Marks Formula.
Massage the Formula onto the abdomen, breasts, buttocks and/or thighs to improve the appearance of stretch marks on the skin. When used as directed, it will help with the appearance of mild to stubborn stretch marks with no skin irritation so that your skin regains its previous tone and texture.
The natural essential oils will be absorbed into the skin, soothing rapidly expanding tissues while promoting skin elasticity and suppleness. It is gentle and is topically applied three times per day.
The Formula is even specially formulated for use during pregnancy and nursing.
This link will take you to our image gallery, showing images of the various symptoms that can be treated with our specific Healing Natural Oils products.
And this link will take you to our health articles covering all the conditions for which we have products.
Donejko M, et al. (2014). Influence of caffeine and hyaluronic acid on collagen biosynthesis in human skin fibroblasts.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4206198/. (Accessed, Feb 15, 2021)
El-Domyati M, et al. (2016). Microdermabrasion: A clinical, histometric, and histopathologic study. DOI:
doi.org/10.1111/jocd.12252 .(Accessed, Feb 15, 2021)
New and improved laser and light treatments take aim at cellulite, fat, tattoos, wrinkles and sagging skin. American Academy of Dermatology. https://www.aad.org/media/news-releases/new-and-improved-laser-and-light-treatments-take-aim-at-cellulite-fat-tattoos-wrinkles-and-sagging-skin. (Accessed, Feb 13, 2021)
DiBernardo BE, et al. Subsurface laser and radiofrequency for face and body rejuvenation. Clinics in Plastic Surgery. 2016; doi:10.1016/j.cps.2016.03.009. (Accessed, Feb 13, 2021)