How To Prevent Toe Nail Fungus By Improving Your Diet
Nobody wants to suffer from toe nail fungus but it is possible to treat, and even prevent this condition, by watching what you eat.
High on the list of prevention through diet is to eliminate the source of yeast and fungus in your diet by changing to a candida diet. Candida albicans is a common yeast that grows inside the human body. In healthy people, this is kept under control naturally but in less than healthy bodies, the candida multiply and cause infections - through the skin (including the nails) or in the areas of the mouth, vagina and anus.
This overgrowth of yeast can be caused by antibiotics, poor digestion, a diet high in sugars and grains as well as stress or hormonal changes, creating an acidic environment in the body.
You will need to restore your body's pH balanceTop of the list is to remove sugar and grain from your diet. Sugar feeds yeast, so you should avoid it at all costs if you can. Even whole grains such as oats, rice and quinoa can be a problem but especially avoid the refined grains found in baked goods, bread, cereals, muffins and other packaged and processed foods. Alcohol produces more yeast and should be avoided while many alcoholic drinks are also high in sugar. Be aware that some yeast infections are due to food allergies. Difficult but necessary...
The next step is to eat those foods that support the growth of good bacteriaThese include:
- Fermented foods such as sauerkraut and kimchi.
- Probiotic foods such as yogurt, kefir and kombucha plus a probiotic supplement.
- Foods with more fiber, protein and good fats. Protein-rich foods include grass-fed meat, organic, cage-free eggs or poultry, raw dairy and wild-caught fish. High on the list of healthy fats is coconut oil. Add in flax and chia seeds as other sources of good fat plus being anti-fungal.
- Colorful vegetables are high in nutrients, vitamins and minerals to help heal the gut. Add to juices and drinks (especially green veggies) to (a) improve the immune system and (b) flush waste, toxins and bacteria from the gut. Stick to veggies only - with perhaps a little organic stevia extract if you need some sweetness.
- Garlic, turmeric and cinnamon will help to treat bacterial infections and less-than-perfect gut health.
- Try unsweetened 100% pure cranberry juice because this can deter the presence of yeast.
What are the symptoms of toenail fungus?
- Brittle nails or a change in their color.
- A white/yellow or brown discoloration appearing on the front or sides of the nails.
- Nails that become softer, that break more easily or become thicker with a change in their shape.
- Painful areas around the nails.
- The nail starting to detach from the skin or from the nail bed.
- The appearance of white patches on the surface of the nail. These can be large blotches or small dots.
Along with changing your diet, a natural treatment is recommended
Our natural, safe, gentle and effective toenail fungus treatment - H-Nail Fungus Formula - is the key to effectively fighting toenail fungus. But it takes patience and consistency, using as directed every day to clear up any fungus for good.